Beautiful Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
A wedding is a fun and joyous time to celebrate the bond of two people. You have been thinking about every detail, how the itinerary would flow.
Now it is time to start brainstorming those wedding reception decorating ideas. This can be stressful or fun depending on how much work you put into decorating your wedding reception.
Decorating a Wedding Reception
If you search Google, you will plenty of wedding reception decorating ideas and the best way to get ideas is to see what others are doing. Current fashion trends tend to change every season and a majority of brides keep up to date on what’s in and what’s out.
Also, depending on how many guests you are expecting will determine the extent of decorating a wedding reception. If you have a theme, it can easily be worked into the decorating process.
Also because there are so many wedding reception decorations, I recommend starting a budget and sticking with it. There may be some wedding reception table decorations that are perfect, but they just won’t work nicely with your budget.
Wedding Reception Decorating Ideas
So, what is a bride to do?
Well, themes can work great for keeping the vibe of a planned wedding reception congruent. If you feel up to it, you can hand make decorations or have those in your bridal party help you as well.
Remember, to delegate responsibility to these people (they are here to help keep you sane). The only drawback with this solution is that it is very time-consuming.
- For those with busy schedules, wedding planners are great for over the top or very simple wedding decorations.
- There are also inexpensive wedding decorations on the market. This is great for cutting costs and allocating funds towards something else.
- It can be as easy as visiting your local craft store and purchasing materials to make the decorations out of. Flowers (real or imitation) can be placed in various sized jars with multicolored stones.
- Be sure to have this color match the one you chose for the wedding reception and brides dresses. These vases can also be used for stunning centerpieces on the guest tables.
At these same stores, you will find a variety of table cloths that match your desired color for the wedding reception.
- Another neat idea for inexpensive weddings where there will be many younger children is to use white cloth paper for tablecloths.
Provide them with pens/pencils/pens, and the younger guests will have an area to write notes and stay busy during the formalities of the reception.
One of the most common problems with children at receptions is they need to keep busy or they will become irritated. You can save some of these table cloths as mementos of the big day.
Wedding Reception Themes
Typical themed weddings can also be planned on a simple and easy budget.
Try keeping with the seasons depending on what time of year your wedding is.
- For spring use wedding reception decorations that include light flowers and fresh colors.
- All summer themes think bold larger than life decorations and neutral colors.
- Sunset colors work great with fall weddings, and winter weddings are best to keep with lighter hues and shades. Example, color combinations such as burgundy and hunter, or wine and sky blue are just a couple of the many color choices for more formal autumn weddings.
- There are also many red, orange, and yellow flowers to go with this theme such as marigolds, apricot lilies, rust and burgundy hydrangeas. Rose petals are also great to use on tables, on parts of walkways or floating on water.
Wedding Table Decorating Ideas
Something overlooked at weddings are the name settings on tables. I recommend keeping all fonts the same and in line with the theme of your wedding.
- Standard names are done everywhere, try to mix it up and personalize the name settings. Maybe each individual table can have a sub-theme that plays off your wedding decorations.
- You can incorporate unique candles layouts and this will impress guests. Example satin clothes and greenery make for a romantic setting. While covering the dance floor area with small poles elegantly draped with satin ribbons or garlands of greenery makes for a beautiful scene. Your guests will appreciate the time and energy you put into the small details for the wedding reception area.
This is just a small sample of some of the wedding themes. Others include medieval feasts, ethnic weddings, some of which are absolutely beautiful to behold such as the Japanese and S. Korean style weddings, others are Romeo and Juliet themed weddings or an amazing under the sea themed wedding. Basically, any theme that is well thought out can turn out stellar.
Wedding Reception Decorations
As you can see, there is plenty of wedding reception ideas that can be used to keep it average, expensive, or cheap. It is up to you to decide on the trade-off between time and money. Basically the more money you spend, the less time it will take to get the desired result and visa versa.
You can use help from family, friends, or even hired professionals. Overall, you can keep this fun and get the distinguished look you want. Bottom line, decorating for a wedding reception does not need to be stressful or difficult.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1001766